Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 12 – A usual day in your life/online time

A day in the life of Sizz?  How boring this must be, at least from my perspective.  I’ve been in the Air Force for 23 years.  Currently as I am writing this, I am sitting in a basement somewhere in South Korea.  It is day four of a two week exercise called Key Resolve.  It is a computer simulated exercise designed to test our responses to hypothetical North Korea hostility.  North Korea hates these exercises with a passion.  Some of the saber rattling by North Korea is as follows:

“The war drills are an unpardonable infringement upon the sovereignty and dignity of the DPRK as they evidently target the DPRK, which is in the mourning period”

Last Saturday, Pyongyang had vowed to launch a “sacred war” against South Korea and the U.S.

Kim, the North's leader, has instructed the military to "make a powerful retaliatory strike" at South Korea if Seoul intrudes even slightly into the North's waters.

“Land a strong retaliatory strike on the heads of the foes if the enemy encroaches on the country’s seas where our autonomy applies by so much as 0.001 millimeter,” Kim was quoted as saying by Pyongyang’s state media Korean Central News Agency.

“(North Korea) will enter a holy war to bury the traitors, and domestic and foreign warmongers,” the commission said in a statement.

“Nuclear weapons are not exclusive to the U.S. We have means of war that are more powerful than the U.S.’ nuclear weapons and cutting-edge strike equipment no one else has.”
"The U.S. is sadly mistaken if it thinks it is safe as its mainland is far away across the ocean. There is no limit to the striking intensity and range of our army and people to wipe out the aggressors," the statement said.
"We will deliver a devastating punishment to the traitors, whose strength cannot compare to the sea of fire seen in the Yeonpyeong attack."
South Korean officials "will never be forgiven. You will not be able to escape our blows just because you are in Seoul and hiding behind the back of the U.S. imperialists. We are right in front of you and our bayonets are already aimed at your throats."
It denounced the annual joint exercises as a "silent declaration of war," describing them as "unpardonable war hysteria."
I read things like this each day and I think of a monkey in its cage that wants attention, so it bangs the bars of its cage until it gets what it wants. (repeat in 3-4 months)

Anyway, typical day is PT from 530-645, work from 730-ish to Noon, about an hour for lunch with the wife, and back to the grind until about 430 or so.  End time depends on what is going on, whether A/C is broken (record office temperature was 91.2F), or if our bosses left early as well.

In WoW, I’ll generally have a plan for the week on what I want to do.  Last week I wanted to hit 10k HKs on Sizz. I needed just over 600 to get it.  This goes in line with hitting 9k achieve points on Sizz as well.  I can do it, I just need to start working on Loremaster and that would close it out definitely.

Usually my day is at least one BG and one random dungeon; though I think tonight will be LFR on my Rogue.  Tomorrow (as of writing this) is Friday, so I can skimp on sleep just a little.  Since this and next week are 5am to 5pm (meaning I get off at 6-6:30), I am beat when I get home.   Tonight will be a good night as I have bribed the Drop Fairy to get me a new off hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment