Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 07 – The reason behind your blog’s name

In October 2006, I arrived in Hawaii after leaving Texas.  While in Texas, our team ran for PT most days.  This was on the average 4-6 miles, 3-4 times a week.  I was a sleek, sexy, 204 lbs (in my own mind).

In Hawaii, I think it was my 3rd day of work, we had mandatory PT with the commander, because a fellow flight member failed to show for her mandatory PT.  Don’t you  love the punish everyone when one person screws up?  I f’ing hate it.

Back to the nickname lol.  After stretching, our commander, Lt Col Flutterkicks, ran us around the ¼ mile track.  After 2 miles, most of the kids began to bitch about it.  Me?  I kept running and encouraging them to “KEEP RUNNING”.  Somewhere after 3-4 miles, we stopped, cooled down, and someone said my legs were sizzling out there.  This was of course, about 2 months before a few idiots on my flight told me to try WoW.

After trying it, and naming my first toon Sizzlelegs, I figured why not call it, “Sizzle’s Legs”?  While I can’t run like I used to (back/hip problems), I can still do 3-4 miles at a slog pace (also called the Freight Train of Death pace).

There ya have it, the story of Sizz.  More tomorrow, as you hear 10 things you don’t know about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment