Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 03 – Your first day playing WoW

My first day playing Wow…jeez that would be back in Dec 2006.  A few of the guys I worked with played and told me to try it out.  I think the game I was playing pretty heavily before that was Sword of the Stars, which I still load up and tool around with. Back to WoW, I had no idea WTF I was doing back then. I started a Human Warrior and probably died 3-4 times trying to figure it out.  I think I made 6 levels in 2 hours, which by those standards in 2006 was pretty good.

I didn’t know about flight paths, mounts, or that only night elves could jump and do a flip.  I was also insanely jealous that a hunter could rapid fire a ranged weapon.

I also didn’t have much help from my friends as they were in the mid 30s, mad intent on leveling.  The guild I was in with them was called Shadow Guardians and with the Burning Crusade coming out, they were splitting the guild into two halves, under 40 and over 40.  That idea seemed pretty stupid to me so I quit and went guildless for a month or two.

That about sums it up!  With all the hardship and lack of help I wonder why I kept playing, but I glad I didn’t. 

No comments:

Post a Comment